Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Homeschooling Adventures: First Day of School!

Isaiah 26:3
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

All in all, it was a great first homeschool day.  Some things weren't quite right, but some things worked out really well.  She was super stoked about the Bean Tickets and the Store full of goodies and was even fretting over being late to class (not on time for start of class = no Bean Ticket).

Getting directly to the point, here are some photos of our day. 

Iggy with Daddy just before he left for work.


If you can see that cord in the background, I am fighting ants because of such messes captured in this photo.  My girls are NOT graceful eaters. 



Again, I repeat.  They are not graceful eaters.  This one acts like she is parking a bus when she eats.  She holds her mouth WIDE open and then slowly steers the food in her mouth.



Waving goodbye to Daddy.


Getting ready for school.  Trying to be on time.


Waiting not so patiently in line to brush her teeth.


Ah-ha!  We made it to the classroom.


Here are those cozy little shoes at $2.99 a pair.  : )



We learned about family and community today.  After our lesson I let her play with a family of dolls on our chalkboard drawn community.  Our community included a house, a church and Walmart.  Lol!  She was a little distressed that the dolls couldn't enter Walmart through the chalkboard doors.  Hee, hee.



I wish I had taken photos of them outside on the playground, but alas, I was busy taking this and that to the potty and pulling weeds all the rest of the time.

Thanks for sharing in part of our first school day.  I would love to see some photos of yours as well! If you happen to stop by here, leave your URL as a comment so I can see your homeschool photos as well.  I am the worlds nosiest person I think.  Not so much in a loud sort of questioning sort of way, but in a quiet, "I wonder what goes on behind them doors", and "Do they do the same sort of stuff we do," kind of way.  : )

The Rossimores

No comments:

Post a Comment