Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sift my Thrift: A Bouquet from the Discardables

Psalms 103:15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth

When it comes to landscaping, I'm no competition.  In fact, I really don't care much how our yard looks, as my main focus is on decorating the inside of the house.  My husband on the other hand does care about the yard and landscaping.  He's always thinking about how he can make the yard better, just like I'm always thinking of how I can do this or that to the inside. 
 
Yesterday, he decided it was time to re-do part of our front landscaping, which meant ripping out some of what was there.  Somehow we ended up with some wild flowers growing right smack dab in the middle of our landscaping among all the weeds that were beginning to take over.  My husbands plan was to just rip them out and discard them.  It was a shame since the wild flowers were in full bloom, so I picked and put in a jar of water the loveliest of the bunch.  Here's the result!
 
 
The color combination is so pretty!




Maybe you can identify the flower?  I have no idea.
 
 

 

 
 
I wonder if this bud will bloom?
 
 
 
Just a little 'show and tell' from me.  Hey, and they were free!
Thanks for sifting my thrift.
 
Oh, and hi moms!
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment