Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Homeschooling Adventure - Rainy Bliss

Zechariah 10:1

Ask ye of the LORD rain in the time of the latter rain; [so] the LORD shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field.


Does the rain bring you peace or sorrow?  Me, it used to bring me sorrow.  I only relished in the sunny days.  In the last 5-10 years or so I've really changed my perspective on rainy days.  I just love them.  They are so peaceful.  I love to hear the rain pounding on my roof and if its not a monsoon, I like to open the windows to hear it more clearly. 

This morning we woke to soft thunder and RAIN.  I delcared, "Pajama Day", we put on some Christmas music, and I made a treat of warm milk with a spoon of honey for the girls during class (I put it in delicate tea cups and saucers).  They loved it.  I can tell they are enjoying the day too - slightly less bickering and as I am typing they are quietly playing together (rare).  We are, however, about to enter into the math zone, so we will see if the rain helps us there too.  : )

How do rainy days affect you?


 
 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment